Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Co-Sleeping and the Snuggle Nest


Co-Sleeping. Let me start by saying I have no official opinion about Co-Sleeping. For my family we did not choose to Co-Sleep but my sister's family did choose to. So for me it is "To Each Their Own" Now that being said there are several products that I like that can be used when Co-Sleeping. I do feel very strongly that products like the Snuggle Nest make this experience a safer one. According to the CPSC at least 515 deaths were linked to infants and toddlers under the age of 2 sleeping in adult beds from January 1990 to December 1997.


  • 121 of those deaths were attributed to parents, caregivers or siblings rolling on top of or against a baby while sleeping.


  • More than 75% of the deaths involved infants younger than 3 months old

So all that being said I think the Snuggle Nest is an outstanding product. We sell this item in all 3 locations. The purpose is so that baby can stay in bed with you and you can sleep without worrying that you might roll over on them. It makes night nursing a snap.

The Snuggle Nest Supreme comes with a soothing sounds and night light at the top of the unit. I think this is invaluable. White noise was a huge asset in our home and I love that you can use the night light without blinding everyone in the room if you wanna check on the baby or find a lost paci. There is also an incline wedge to elevate baby. This makes breathing easier when congested as well as helps with reflux or indigestion. There is an open weave mesh to help with airflow around baby-we all know the kind of heat babies can put off. The mattress is waterproof and the cover is machine washable. Mesh covered positioners help keep baby in the proper position and can be used while still swaddling. Finally if folds easily for travel. So even if you don't Co-Sleep but you are going on a trip and the baby will sleep with you while you are away this is great!

So to all my mommy and daddy's that Co-Sleep or want to this is the product for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment