Monday, March 9, 2009

NINFRA/BBC/Kids Today


NINFRA is National Independent Nursery Furniture Retailer's Association. We have been members of this group for as long as I can remember. We are an association of over 100 independently owned juvenile products stores dedicated to value, service, and quality.The products that our retailers carry are generally a cut above what you'll find in mass-market stores. They look nicer. Perform better. And last longer.What's more, they're backed by seriously service-oriented people who can help you pick the best products for your needs, handle your special orders, and provide you with the customer service and attention to detail that you deserve.
The BBC is a Building Business Conference put on by NINFRA. We invite specific manufactures to meet and socialize with us for a couple of days. The purpose of this conference is to network and build relationships. My favorite part is speed dating. Each manufacture sits at a separate table and the retailers rotate. We spend 599 seconds (retail joke) together. We can discuss any issues we may be having, suggestions, and if we don't do business already then we have a chance to learn about each other. It is invaluable. The rest of our time is spent socializing. I have made so many connections at this event. I know that I will fill comfortable calling any of these manufactures and relating to them not only as a customer but also on a personal level. In fact today I called Chicco to ask for brochures to put in my customer information folders and for a Point of Purchase for a special they had coming up. As of this afternoon the brochures have shipped and my POP is being printed. WOW!!!
For the past couple of years we have planned the BBC in conjunction with the Kids Today Conference. NINFRA's conference is first and we hope that our membership will stay for the Kid's Today conference. I should mention that Kid's Today is an industry magazine. At this conference we had some amazing speakers. I learned so much. I was even inspired to start this blog by on of them. I was lucky enough to be able to bring Henry along with me.
Henry is an amazing baby. Is played in the floor. And was very very good.
This is my new favorite product. It is the Chicco TravelSeat Hook-On. It is so simple to use. It folds up into a shoulder bag and fits every table I have tried it on. We don't use high chairs anymore. I know he will out grow this but for now and for the next couple of months it is perfect. Henry was able to sit up in the high chairs but he wasn't tall enough to push up to the table. He had to reach up to get to his food and he could suck on the table just by leaning forward. YUCK!!! This chair lets him become a part of the family when we are out to eat. When we are traveling it is perfect. I can't take a high chair around with me. Sometimes I need to feed him in the hotel room, at a friends house, at a family members house, etc....the list goes on and on. These seats start at $39. Totally worth the money.
Here is a list of the places we have used it thus far. Chili's, Thai Orchid, Parkway, Magic Time Machine, McAlisters, Board Room Table, Chick Fil A, PF Changs, Don Jose, Macaroni Grill, Hotel Cont. Breakfast. I will let you know if I find a table that it wont work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment